Friday, November 16, 2012

1998-99 Skybox Premium That's Jam - Strange, but Awesome!

"It's a flippin Smuckers Label!" My friend's first reaction to this set was perfect. This set has to be of the weirdest inserts in the history of card collecting. I've always had the opinion that 90's basketball inserts were the most creative and unique from any era/sport in the hobby...this set is a perfect example.

These were inserted at the rate of 1:96 packs in 1998-99 Skybox Premium series 2 hobby boxes. Although not the most valuable insert for Premium in 1998, this set is definitely my favorite. The unique/weird idea of using a jelly label for a basketball card mixed with the acetate stock made this a must have for my collection. The set contains 15 cards with the Kobe Bryant commanding the highest price. The Slam Funk insert is usually the attention grabber from series 2 simply because it was inserted 1 in 360 packs. Sheer uniqueness make the That's Jam set much more desirable to me.

Got my first one today! The Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway #8 PSA 10


No comments:

Post a Comment